3.16.2006

Booking through Thursday

Image hosting by Photobucket


This week's questions about self-help books are from Nicki.


  1. Have you ever read a self-help book?
    Hmm...I think the only one I ever read was Women are from Mars, Men are from Venus. I picked it up out of curiosity when it was being touted as the ultimate treatise on relationships and behavior of the sexes. Can't say I found it terribly useful but it was an amusing read.

  2. What do you think about self-help books in general?
    I personally have never looked to them for advice. I'm sure that like any genre of book, there are good ones and bad ones. I do tend to look a bit askance at them though since there seem to be so many misleading ones that promise to cure all ills.

  3. Would you ever recommend a self-help book?
    I don't think I would. I think choosing books in general is a very personal act. Even recommending recreational reading is hit and miss so to urge something upon someone that is intended to be actually useful is even dicier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home