12.19.2006

You can’t blog in a vacuum

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Which, is exactly what I found myself stuck in for the last two weeks. How did I end up there? Well, it all started off innocently enough. One night, I put off writing a post in favor of getting some chores done. The next day, I skipped over my daily blog-reading time so as to get more done at work. Then of course more chores appeared during the next evening to keep me from posting and so it went. Me spiraling further and further into the vacuum. Without the daily dose of knitting and crafting ingenuity and chatter, I had nothing to compel me to react and share. Knitting and spinning still happened in the evenings but all of it seemed so banal that I felt like I had nothing remotely interesting to say. By the time I realized how much I had fallen out of the blogging habit, along came a cold virus to make sure that I stayed put in the vacuum. With the virus sticking as close to me as a Victorian chaperone, the only thing that mattered anymore was the proximity of the nearest box of tissues, preferably the soft, lotion-laden kind. And so it went for another week. When my immune system finally kicked the cold this week and I mustered up enough courage to tackle my long-neglected Bloglines subscriptions, it was like a shot in the arm. You know the talk that swirls about the knitting blogosphere about the wonders of the community and the support and the inspiration? All of it is true to the nth degree and if I have ever cast a slightly cynical eye towards it all, I will never do so again! Oh all the amazing things you people have been doing all this while and oh how I feel inspired!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Marie!

i'm sad not having any more news about you.......

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I have not been a presence in blogland lately either :) But I hope you have at least been reading some Hornblower or something while sick! In the book I am reading now, he thinks he is being too friendly and talkative, he decides he needs to be more of "a silent hero". :)

Do you know the name of that bug, by the way, they infest our house...

7:50 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Yay! You're back! I'm glad you're feeling better. Colds are miserable.

I do the same thing, and I'm always so happy when I return to my regular blogging/blogreading schedule :)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back Marie!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home