4.19.2006

A glimmer of Spring?

The weather here has been so unpredictable of late (i.e. miserably rainy) that I had despaired of Spring ever arriving. Well, this week at least, we have been having days full of glorious sunshine, days that look amazingly like Spring. You know, birds a-singing, flowers a-blooming, newly-budded tree branches a-bobbing in the breeze...the whole nine-yards (though I'm still suspicious). However, much in the same way Murphy's Law governs the universe, another yet unnamed condition also seems to hold sway over all and dictates that a reversal of lousy weather almost always coincides with an increased work-load and thus increased time one is stuck working indoors under sallow fluorescent lighting. In my case, this has meant (and will mean) lots of quality time spent with my yeastie-beasties and not only very limited outdoor happy-sunshine time but precious little knitting and crafting time as well.
I did managed to make a brief foray into the outdoor this afternoon to record these signs of Spring to keep me going when it pours again for Project Spectrum.

YELLOW



ORANGE



And just so I can retain some semblance of a right to still claim this a knitting blog, here is some knitting-in-(glacial)-progress as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Hooray for spring! (It's gone here too but I now believe it'll be back again). Beautiful pictures: I love that orange flower. It looks like it's in a wilderness somewhere, how lovely to be able to go there if you're gardenless.

5:21 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Those shoes are adorable -- can you point me in the direction of the pattern? Seems everyone at the office is sprouting a child, so have many gifts to craft as of late.

Delicious spring photos -- I, too, have been wallowing in spring anticipation woes. Oh, NorCal, when will the rain cease?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

The shoes are so cute and pink.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home