4.13.2006

The Kindness of Strangers

So just what was in that package that made my day extra happy?
Yarn, of course!
I wrote a few weeks ago about Toshiyuki Shimada’s knitting book and asked if anyone knew what the gorgeous variegated yarns he used for the entrelac scarve and gloves were. J of the terrific Tricoquelicot Returns kindly answered my question, and after I discovered that the Hamanaka Soft Concious used in the book was not available in the States, she very generously offered to do a swap with me for the yarns. I am constantly amazed and humbled by the kindness of those in this virtual knitting community. J doesn’t know me from Adam and yet she was willing to take the trouble of gratifying my wish. Thank you, thank you J! I hope you enjoyed the swap too!
Okay, I’ll stop effusing now and show you the contents of the package. (J also included a yummy pack of tea too…I enjoyed it with some cookies this evening. Did I already say yum?)


Here is a close-up of the luscious fiber.


The yarn is 83% merino wool and 17% baby alpaca, which means that it is as soft as it is beautiful. The shop also included a Hamanaka knitting book with the yarn. The patterns in it look like great fun. I especially like this one. (Hmm…have I finally found a pattern for that Artyarns Supermerino in the stash?)


Yarn, a hot cup of tea, a new book...it doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks J!

2 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Oh wow! The yarn looks lovely, and it's so nice - uplifting, inspiring, gratifying - to read about the kindness of others. It makes me very happy to be part of the interknitting community. ;)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Great yarn! sounds like a wonderful swap. like the scarf pattern, too.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home