5.02.2006

Introducing Huey

In honor of his much beloved and still often visited alma mater, Hamster College (endless fun, anagrams), I made a surprise Birthday stuffie for the BF.


Huey is made of felt (alas, the polyester stuff...I have yet to get my hands on yummy wool felt) and comes from this wonderful little Japanese craft book chock full of fun patterns (ISBN 4-8347-6348-X).


Huey was such a blast to make that it took a great deal of will power on my part to resist whipping up a whole colony of hammies. I would declare vistory over this compulsion except I just found myself thinking that I might need a Huey 2 to replace Huey 1 when he goes home with the BF.
Hm.
Well, we'll just ignore my internal strife for now and move onto a less craft-related but more important subject:

Happy Birthday, I.!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

So cute!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Huey is so cute, I can see why you will have separation anxiety :-)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had to comment on your journal finally (even though i don't have a blogspot account) - that is the FREAKIN CUTEST THING EVER. your bf is one lucky man. (hmmm, i wonder if anyone else's bday is coming up soon?...)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh adorable! I really want this book now!

3:35 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love Hamster Huey! (Is he named in homage to Calvin and Hobbes?) Such a cutie.

7:46 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Happy birthday I too! (Late to the party; hope it was a good one). I'm sure whipping up a horde of hamsters wouldn't be a bad thing. It would seem from your comments as if they could all find good homes. I used to have a hamster called Parsley. He was killed by a falling flower pot. A felt one might be more resilient... ;)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huey has quite a personality with that sweet expression on his face.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Pretentious Wombat said...

Where can I get a copy of that adorable book? I'm a sucker for cute furry things, which is why I used to have a guinea pig rescue. My kids would freak over the hamsters!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home