6.24.2006

Saturday Blues

Blue knitting and blue emotions both, that is.
Today found me trying to pick up an order of yarn at the post office and finding out, to my dismay, that the package had been prematurely sent back. Somehow, all of the post office employees I spoke with there seemed to be aware that that an international package should be held for at least a month before it is returned except the unknown person who processed my package for return. Now my little bag of Jaggerspun Zephyr and Lorna’s Laces is somewhere in limbo between Toronto and San Francisco and all I have is a phone number of some amorphous department to contact. After spending much time explaining the problem to people on the other end of that number, I was directed to call back tomorrow. Apparently, two different USPS departments have the same phone number but work in shifts: those dealing with outgoing mail from 8:30 to 5 and those dealing with incoming mail thereafter. It’s all starting to feel a bit surreal.
After my failed attempt to resolve the USPS mess, I worked a bit on my Icarus shawl to calm down. During my trip, I got through three of the four Chart 1 repeats that precede the interesting border charts. So, I was pretty eager to start finishing that last mindless knit and yarn-over repeat. Well, turns out the repeat wasn’t quite so mindless after all since I managed to make an unfudgeable error and didn't notice until four rows later. Four very long rows later. What is there to do then but start tinking away? While I was hoping to show a happy picture of blue Icarus all set for Chart 2, here is instead an extra blue Icarus mid-tink.


Maybe Sunday will bring about a color-change.

4 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh no! How frustrating about your package, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

I am sorry you had to do some tinking back on Icarus, but she is looking so pretty. You will be making forward progress soon.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days are like that, aren't they? Hope your package is soon recovered and your shawl error corrected. I completely understand how painful can be to undo those looong shawl rows.

11:47 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Oh no! Poor you. Having a run-in with the post office is one of the most exasperating experiences known to man ;(

If you're after some vicarious good news - I finished my exams this morning. I feel a little shaky, in arm and leg, which I think is a mixture of tiredness and relief! It hasn't really sunk in yet, but some decent knitting will commence soon.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Skylight Contractors Las Vegas said...

I enjoyed reading thhis

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home