8.30.2006

It's almost September already?!

I’ve never been good with deadlines. More often than not, I get blindsided. This time, with the final gift of the One Skein exchange to be a knitted item from a skein of yarn, I tried to stave off the usual last minute franticness by planning ahead. I decided on the project for my downstream pal (I’m still tickled to see the word downstream used outside of the context of genetic networks and transcriptional regulation) way back in July, duly bought the yarn the beginning of August, and cast on a good two weeks ago. Fast-forward 14-odd days and what was I doing? Frantically knitting. Thankfully, my pal didn’t take offense when I told her that her gift would be a few days late. So, this flower washcloth will be going out in the mail tomorrow along with a bar of my favorite sheep-shaped soap. If all goes well at the post office end, it will only be a day or so late. Sigh. Sorry Pal!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Specs:
Pattern: Reverse Bloom Flower Washcloth
Source: Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick
Yarn: Cottage Knits 100% Cotton Chenille (which I like better than the Crystal Palace chenille as it feels plushier)
Needles: Size 6/4mm dpns

3 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

How pretty! Adorable soap, too! :) Your pal will love it.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Pretty, and the sheep soap is so cute :-)

9:18 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Very pretty! I especially love the rich color.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home