8.17.2006

Moment of shock and horror

That's what I experienced yesterday when I opened my blog to find the only things appearing were my title bar and part of my last post. No side bar links, no cute work in progress bars, no history of posts. Everything was gone. I think the initial shock took a few years off my life. After sitting awhile dumb and stunned while my mind did the equivalent of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I steeled myself for the worse and logged in to Blogger. Fortunately, everything at that end looked perfectly normal. The template looked fine, the settings were normal, and my posts stilled arrayed the postings page. Everything was as it should be, except that none of it was showing up on the actual blog. After fretting over this disconnect all the day and hoping that Blogger would somehow magically fix the error, it finally occurred to me to try just republished the template. So I did and all is back to normal. Now I can finally show you this:

my very first glove!




The finger-tips are a bit wonky from my rather imperfectly spaced decreases but I'm still quite enamored with this piece of knitting. For once, I have a glove that actually fits, err, like a glove. With a pretty lace pattern to boot. Wearing just one glove makes me feel quite elegant, even as I sit here in my well-worn pajamas with a knitting needle tucked behind my ear. That, or I'm just a bit too delirous from the relief of "recovering" my blog.
There was another unexpected bonus to the glove as well. One glove only took somewhere between 2/3 to 3/4 of a skein and left all of this:


Since I bought three skeins for a pair, perhaps there is a lacey orange-edged scarf in my future?

2 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! So elegant. It will be lovely with a matching scarf. And, you know, the second glove :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Well done!! I love it. I guess you do too.

You could even have a matching scarf with the very same lace pattern. Maybe too co-ordinated, but I think it would be cool. Or maybe the same yarn in a different lace would be cooler: matched and yet mismatched!

What is the lace pattern? I'm sure I should recognise it, but that's not one of my special skills. :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home