4.01.2006

Throw me some beads

Ah April 1st. A national jokester's day...my relationship anniversary (happy 4th, I!)...and

Flash Your Stash Day!


So, here follows fewer words and many more photos.

We'll start small...um...fine, I mean.


Some lace weight...KP Alpaca Cloud, KP Shadow, and Crystal Palace kid mohair.


And a bit lower in gauge


Identifiable at fifty paces...yup, Lorna's Laces. (Yes, I would like a peanut. Ahem. Really, I couldn't resist...no more rhyming from here on out. Promise.)


And just to prove I do have yarns of which I own more than three skeins of


Rowan 4ply intended for Martha from Rowan 38.


And more project oriented yarns

Image hosting by Photobucket


Three bags of Rowanspun Aran for the IK Blissful Jacket, Vintage Style Demi, and something else. Two bags of Rowanspun Dk for Vintage Style Salina and DB4 Cable and Trellis. One bag of Valley Yarns Stockbridge for Mom's vest. And a toe in the water of two color knitting...the Kaffe Fassett tumbling blocks cushion kits.

The requisit Noro pile


Some for an abbreviated Lady Eleanor, some in process of being turned into a scarf, and some left over from Klaralund.


The impulse ebay buys



Rowan Botany...even Baa is puzzled as to what to do with it.


Some odds and ends


Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Pheasant front and center, surrounded by Cascade 220, flanked by left over Manos from My So Called Scarf, and further encircled by Artyarns Supermerino, DB Cathay for the Fiery Bolero, and DB merino chunky.

The odd balls



From left. Jo Sharp DK intended for the bane of my existance...the Weekend Knitting brioche stitch hat. Mission Falls Wool, just because. Rowan cotton glace pink and red, intended for baby booties for the BF's new niece. Koigu KPPPM, left from one IK heart satchel. KP Alpaca Cloud. Dale of Norway Sisik. RYC cashsoft Dk for aforementioned niece's lacy bonnet a la Knitting for Two. More of Jo Sharp DK for aforementioned bane.

And lastly, I leave you with some buttery soft handpainted goodness


Handpainted Yarn.com. Makers of malabrigo. Need I say more?


For those of my loved ones who have expressed concern at my acquisition of yarn (if you haven't yet run from the room in a panic to cut up my credit cards). Just remember, yarn is a whole lot lighter than books.

Want to see more? Here are other flashers.

11 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Wow, what an impressive haul. I guess it's good for my pocket that I don't live in America and thus don't have a LYS. On the other hand, what I don't spend on yarn I might just end of paying out in postage... What a sad thought. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Salina when you finally get roung to it! ;) I've seen some lovely ones around blogland and am getting itchy fingers... Or is that an itchy wardrobe?

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! And all those bags of rowan, YUM!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

What a beautiful stash! Thanks for showing off.

8:25 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

You have some great taste in yarns. I heart Rowan...

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flash! This is so much fun.

1:28 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I love it! Yarn crop circles!

My Stash Flash

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :o)

2:36 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Is it just me, or does Rowanspun tend to multiply in your stash as well? Jo Sharp, too. I buy one bag, and then I have seven (7!) and I can't remember how they got there....

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stash pictures are really pretty! And I love Rowan 4ply soft!

4:48 PM  
Blogger chamomile said...

As a poor grad student ;), I have to say I am super jealous of your stash!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have stash envy.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home