5.26.2006

Introducing...

Parsley and Persimmon!



Remember Huey?
Well, he’s still here. In the flurry of packing and leaving for the airport, poor Huey never made it into I's suitcase. He was pretty down about being left behind so I made him some new friends. So despite my best intentions, I did end up with a mini-colony of hamsters.


But my self-control is not as pathetic as all that! My little hammie colony is only temporary. Huey will be going back with I when he visits again in July and Parsley will be flying across the Atlantic to a new home…so really only Persimmon is staying on in the position of perma-hamster.
In any case, here’s Parsley all ready for his trip, name tagged and with travel snacks at the ready. He promised me he’ll try and save some of the chocolate for his new friend.


What's that? Why on earth does Parsely have a flowerpot on his head, you ask?


Well, let’s just say that he’s here to fill a particular hamster and flowerpot shaped hole created by an unfortunate childhood incident (scroll down to the comments).
Persimmon insisted on a close-up too so here she is.


Now all together now: “awwwww….”

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! Great work :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Awwwww!! Parsley and Persimmon are both so cute. I am glad you are keeping one for yourself :-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Awwww! I'm still giggling to myself every time I glance at his little green-and-white face next to my computer. Thank you so, so much Marie! I'm so touched, and so excited to have a felt-y little friend to keep me company.

I'm very pleased you're keeping Persimmon for yourself...

3:30 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love the hamster colony! I'm tempted to start one myself. What a bunch of cuties.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, I want one.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please, where can I find the hamster's pattern?I live in switzerland and I saw in many libraries in France and in Switzerland to buy this book , but I can't.What can I do?
thank you for your answer

sylvie.pilnard@bluewin.ch

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home