5.17.2006

Nothing makes a sock grow…

Like fulfilling my civic duty in upholding the fundamental democratic ideal of trial by a jury of one’s peers.
Yup. I was summoned for jury duty. In fact, not only was I summoned, I was actually chosen to serve on a jury. So, in between the time periods when I get to ponder exactly what constitutes a fact, Pomatomus has been able to grow a few inches and develop the beginnings of a heel flap.


Better yet, the close proximity of the courthouse to a lys and the generous hour and a half lunch period provided by the courts allowed for some Secret Pal yarn shopping as well. I won’t show them yet so as not to accidentally give anything away but know that the skeins are all varying shades of delicious red. It’s all I can do not to keep them all for myself. Especially the squooshy, soft-as-anything bulky alpaca…



Alright, I just couldn’t resist sharing a tiny peek…

2 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Lovely! You have one very lucky Secret Pal. And the sock looks fantastic too. I haven't seen a Pommety-whotsit in anything other than very bright variegated yarn, and yours is lovely.

Was being on jury duty interesting? I've always wondered what it's like, and how the jury members get on with each other. I don't imagine 'Twelve Angry Men' is representative, but I'd like to think so...

2:17 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Wow, your sock is really coming along! It sounds like jury duty isn't so bad if you have knitting time and easy lys access :)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home