6.26.2006

Now back to our regularly scheduled summer weather


No, no, don’t dust off your monitor --- it’s summer in San Francisco. After a brief run of abnormally sunny and warm (even bordering on positively hot) weather, the true summer weather has finally asserted itself. Starting around noon, a blanket of fog rises from the ocean and gradually creeps over the city. By the time I took this picture in the early evening, the fog had enveloped the entire neighborhood in misty droplets. It’s hard to believe that a few days ago at this time, the sun would still have been shining.
Now that the weather has gotten properly chilly for maximal knitting urge induction, my body has decided to throw me a curve ball. A while back, pre-knitting, I pinched the ulnar nerve in my arm after moving something heavy. This meant that whenever I kept my arm bent for an extended period of time, it started to hurt and my hand started to go numb. Fortunately, this all went away in time as the inflammation went down and the nerve healed. All was well, I thought, until last night when, for no particular reason that I can discern, the same pain and numbing tingling started creeping up my arm as I worked on Pomatomus. I stopped, I stretched, I massaged, but all to no avail. The annoying whinges of pain are still there today so I’m going to have to lay off knitting for a few days and hope it goes away. Alas…

3 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Gosh! A numb head. That sounds pretty worrying.

I'm really sorry to hear about your knitting hiatus. Will you be able to sew anything instead? Or maybe you should take the hint and spend the next few days curled up with some hot chocolate and your new books. I've never come across anyone with a pinched ulnar nerve before. Does it feel like you've hit your funny bone all the time?

Hope you feel better soon!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

That looks like really yuck weather! Does it stay that way all summer? of does it come and go? Here I am complaining about the heat, but I think that fog would do me in.

Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope it clears up soon. Not knitting is pretty hard :-P

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waouw! is it really like this?
amasing....

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home