7.20.2006

A miracle occurred today


I walked into the LYS, picked out the above skeins for Secret Pal exchanges and some gift knitting, purchased them, and walked out without buying anything for myself.
I’ll give you a moment to let that sink in.
For those of you who have this thing called self-control and are unimpressed, well, you see, this is quite an achievement if one is of the “one for you and one for me” school of thought when it comes to yarn gifting. In my admittedly screwball world of gifting, yarn for me always comes home with yarn as presents as a sort of bribe to enable me to actually let the gift yarn go. Until today, that is.
Of course, there is a slight (miniscule, really) possibility that I was quite the paragon of selflessness and fiscal restrain today because I had succumbed earlier this week to the ruby slippers sale going on over at Flying Fingers Yarn as well as a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock on ebay. Is it a bad sign when you have your credit card number and security code memorized?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your self-control! I am the same with regard to buy one for you and one for me when purchasing yarns or books as gifts. (can't resist either...)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home