2.11.2007

Bottling away the blues

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blue is all well and good, but in the context of one’s extremities, especially when one is in possession of a circulatory system that tends to bypass said extremities, blue becomes less of a good thing. I had apparently mused over the interesting blue tint that my feet take on during evenings at home one too many times to I., since this arrived in the post yesterday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I.’s Irish co-worker kindly gave him her extra hot water bottle to send to me. And it's purple! I’m also greatly tickled by the very carefully worded, detailed instructions of use and caution statement stamped on the bottle's one side. (Though it does make one wonder about all sorts of things --- like what is the difference between a toy and a plaything? And do rubber bottles dissolve in oil and grease?)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Now that I am a knitter in possession of a hot water bottle, I’m sure you can guess what must follow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cover is so cute. Now I want to go find a hot water bottle :-)

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting inscription on your 'hottie' - there's nothing as comprehensive on any of my bottles. Like you it's got me thinking about the difference between a toy and a plaything. And why use only the cold water supply? I always fill mine directly from the hot tap. Strange that the bit about checking the stopper is duplicated. As for replacing your bottle every two years - what a waste! I get many more years service out of mine. They must be trying to sell more bottles!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I've knitted that hot water bottle cover - it's lovely. But I gave it away. You've reminded me I need to make one for myself.

5:01 AM  
Blogger pinsandnoodles said...

A hot water bottle! I am so pleased. Are they indeed the same as Chinese hot water bags? :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home