6.17.2007

(Anemoi) Mitten the First

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Finished!
While I expected to find color-work interesting to knit and the end results obviously pretty to look at, I never expected to find the wrong side of the fabric so utterly delightful. It’s a happy surprise that gives a thrill like finding that last chocolate hidden amid all the wrappers when you thought you had finished off the whole box (there, finally thought of the proper analogy. Hee.).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now, fingers crossed that that I escape second-mitten syndrome to make it a pair. I'll just keep looking at Mitten One for motivation.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty color!!!!

2:34 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Oh how pretty! I hope you do make it to a pair, they would be so lovely to wear.

I'm finding myself increasingly drawn to the reverse side of fabrics, and colourwork is particularly interesting! (Not that I've got that far myself, but I do like looking at other people's...) xo

3:32 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

Nice job! I agree, the back is very interesting. On some patterns it even would make a good right side.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved looking at the inside as well M. Mitten the first looks great!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

All the floats will make for extra warmth too :-)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Marie. Just keep the finished mitten in front of you and you are sure to finish the second in no time.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You HAVE to make the other one! This mitten is beautiful, but needs a sister...

12:34 AM  
Blogger Yarn Tails said...

That mitten is just Beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it. And your spinning is just GORGEOUS!! Wonderful!

8:06 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Beautiful--both the mitten and your photography. You should do a blogging photography tutorial sometime!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home