2.26.2007

Sea Monkeys

Undulating waves of Sea Dreams lace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

make for a most delightful pair of woolly Monkeys…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And a solo sock-modeling photo-shoot

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

makes for an excellent isometric stomach muscle workout!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Project Specs:

Pattern: Monkey Socks by the brilliant Cookie
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted fingerling weight, Sea Dreams 009
Needles: US 1.5/2.5mm for four leg repeats, US 1/1.25mm for fifth repeat and remainder of sock.
Mods: One fewer pattern repeat for legs; change in needle size as above

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! The pattern and the colorway is a lovely match.

BTW, I know what you mean by the stomach muscle workout. ;)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Beautiful. Love the colourway.

I really love this pattern - it is a pure joy to knit and looks so much more complicated than it is.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful socks! I love that colorway!

I have the pattern for these and yarn just have too many other projects that I want to do at the moment.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those came out beautifully! It's so hard to know whether variegated yarn and a lace stitch pattern will work together, but they really did in this case. Lovely and very cozy looking.

6:26 AM  
Blogger aj said...

Marie, they're beautiful!!

Like everyone's said, the colorway and that pattern are a stunning match.

I'm working on those right now, too, but have only gotten a few repeats done on the first leg. It'll be a while, as my lace stole is occupying all of my time.

Speaking of that, I couldn't find your email address on your page anywhere, so I'll give you mine: myyarns@gmail.com. I would love if you could email me about that Forest Path. I'm intrigued.

Thanks!

Again, those are the prettiest Monkey socks I've seen yet. Seriously.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great! I was going to knit this pattern with a darker colorway, but I really like the colors in yours, very spring time.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Great socks! I love the first picture - I'd be tempted to frame it and hang it on my wall.

10:38 AM  
Blogger allie said...

Oooh... I love those Monkey Socks- what a great color!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Seriously love the socks. Colour is wonderful.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home