6.26.2007

Out of the tangle

Many hours and one pained scissor snip later, lace at last!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I don't know whether it was the pent up frustration from the untangling process, or this particular mix of the lace stitches, or the many month I have waited to knit this pattern, or the brazenly colorful sea silk, or some magical synergy of the four, this swallowtail started flying off the needles from the very first stitch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's only been three days since I cast-on and I've already found myself almost at the edging chart. Even more amazingly, no boredom with the charts, no sudden yearnings to knit a plain square of stockinette – just a happy contentment with yarn-overs and ssk's and k2tog's. And nupps, have I mentioned the nupps?
Hark, nupps!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Squee!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Beautiful!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yay, pretty! Can't wait to see the finished product.
I didn't realize that was sea silk in your last post, I just bought my first skein of it too! In Bronze. Yumyumyum.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! Your blog looks beautiful with this sudden burst of colour. Did I say that?! :)

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm not sure I'd venture to try nupps with Sea Silk. You are brave. It's a fabulous pattern, isn't it?

5:35 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Oh yay! It's great to see a knitter so excited with a project- keep it up, I can't wait to see it!

6:07 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

How pretty: both teh pattern and tah colour! Maybe I'll have a chance to see it in person. I'm moving back to CA***CV

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Beautiful pictures, especially the first is eye candy to 100 %.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very bright swallowtail it will be! I am looking forward to see it in its full glory...

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is going to be beautiful. I'm working on my seasilk shawl too, and the yarn is just so yummy it's impossible to put it down!

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color, the color! Ahhh!!!!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful so far. The color is gorgeous.

2:15 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I'll have to consider doing this shawl...it sounds like you had a blast!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home