10.14.2006

Tumbling off the blog-wagon

It hardly seems possible that more than an entire week has elapsed since I last posted. Nothing specific precipitated this lapse. No malaise, no emergencies -- just a dash more than usual of mundane happenstances that litter the day to keep me completely occupied and away from the blogosphere. Admittedly, I have been trying to get a bit more done in lab since I will be going on a mini-vacation at the end of next week. At this time seven days hence, I will be joining the legions of knitters, spinners, weavers, and other fiber-addicts in making the pilgrimage to Rhinebeck. I would be beside myself with excitement had I not managed to come down with some odd strain of cold/stomach virus a few days ago. Now I’m preoccupied with fretting over all the things I would like to get done before I leave. Besides list of work-related things, there is also that knitting-related item known as the Rhinebeck sweater. To wit, Cyd.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A sick day wouldn’t be a sick day if one wasn’t actually ill but it’s still so indescribably frustrating to have hours and hours of potential knitting time on my hands just when I have no ability to do much else besides sleep. So, the front of Cyd has been growing very slowly. With just a week to go, perhaps Cyd will just have to be at the festival in spirit… However, is anyone else going to be there in person?

7 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

You are so lucky, that sounds like such a fun time! There is a whole bunch of people going, have you seen the Rhinebeck Blogger Bingo? http://www.stitchymcyarnpants.com/knit06/

7:29 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well:( I'm sure Rhinebeck will be fun fun fun. Perhaps Cyd can be your travelling companion ;)***CV

8:34 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

Cyd looks really beautiful, by the way! I love the tweedy colors, the argyle, it's so romantic.

7:14 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Sounds fun! I hope it's a lovely trip. Cyd is looking wonderful, whether or not you're behind!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! I love Cyd's coloured diamonds... Have a great time away!...

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck!

Cyd is stunning.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I'll be there! Are you coming to the blogger meet up?

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home