3.25.2007

Not a red-letter day

Unless you are going for the annals of dumb, dumb, dumb moments.
This is exactly why I should never start projects on a whim late at night and low on sleep and then continue knitting blithely on without ever looking back at the pattern.
The directions? K1MC, P1MC, K1MC, P1CC, repeat round and round, essentially 3x1 corrugated ribbing. Simple enough, no?

Apparently not.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah. And even more pathetically, my forehead-smacking moment of realization did not come until row 14.
And so we are now back to this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
(Though perhaps this is for the best -- my first attempts at two color-knitting is the very epitome of ugly unevenness...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooops.

(See, this is why I don't attempt intarsia/fair isle etc - who needs the extra stress I ask ya!?)

1:10 AM  
Blogger nova said...

Oh, the sadness. At least your made the realization before getting way past the ribbing into the rest of the knitting. I know, small consolation, but still.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Netter said...

So sad! I love the colors though...so pretty. You don't know me but I'm on a Top Secret mission for a blogger friend that we have in common. Hopefully she doesn't see this and become curious. I really want to suprise her. If you could email me a quick Hi, I will email you back with what I have in mind. netter.kaster at gmail dot com

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home