7.13.2007

Lace on the brain

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you for all for your wonderful compliments on Swallowtail! With that happy success, it’s been difficult for me to get lace out of my mind. Never mind that I have deadline gift knitting prodding my conscience and clamoring for attention, my neurons persist in chanting “lace, lace, lace.” Being in possession of both a feather-light mini Bosworth (glowing red cedar, 0.6 ounces – can you say love?) that lace-weight singles practically flow off of and merino-silk roving begging to become lace certainly doesn't help matters either. I said I was hooked before. Oh, how I understated matters.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


With my much larger Kundert to help ply, half of the roving has already been turned into near laceweight 2-ply. Now, fingers crossed that at the end of four ounces, I’ll have enough yardage to knit myself one of these. Go on, take a look. Just be sure to remember to keep breathing, or have a swooning couch handy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

I love that picture of the little guy with yarn on his head. That's awesome! :) I love your photos!

So you are spinning the yarn for your next lace project! Merino-silk! That's just amazing! It will be a wonderful shawl. Enjoy yourself!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Near laceweight is laceweight as far as I am concerned! My lace spinning is horrible. I need to give it another try...

10:17 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Oh gosh, you do impress me. I feel quite like a toddler in comparison! I'm so pleased, though. Can't wait to see it knitted up! xo

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the yarns and the beast looool

i spin too!!! we are spining together!!!! lol

11:41 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, dear, not another shawl I must knit! The list is long...

Lovely hand-spun. It's so fun to watch your spinning progress.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeee... I love him!!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home